How To Apply For Work In Canada Temporarily After You Graduate : Steps By Steps Process


Do you want to Work In Canada Temporarily? If Yes, Follow Steps By Steps Process below:  

Here, we are going to walk you through everything you need to know about applying for your post-graduation work permit, so that you can get ready and chart a course toward the goal of staying longer in Canada.

If you are done studying and plan on working in Canada, you will need to apply for a post-graduation work permit (PGWP) in order to remain in Canada. 

How To Apply For Work In Canada Temporarily After You Graduate
Post Graduate To Apply For Work In Canada Temporarily

If your PGWP is granted for less than you are eligible for, because your passport is expired, you will have to apply for a new work permit, and again pay a fee, after obtaining your new passport. 

If your PGWP application was submitted when your application to extend your work permit was in progress (maintained status) and the current work permit is expired, you cannot work until your PGWP is approved. 

Applicants who submit the PGWP before their study permit is expired are entitled to start working full-time immediately, as long as their application is being processed. 

If your study permit is still in effect at the time that you file for your post-graduation work permit and you meet the eligibility requirements outlined by the IRCC, then you can start working full time only upon filing. 

While visa durations vary depending on how long you studied in Canada, the work permit may last for up to three years and allows you to work either full time or part time in any field. 

Getting a work permit allows you to work in Canada full-time when you graduate, helping you to build valuable Canadian experience and explore employment opportunities in the fields of your studies.

If you want to find part-time work to help support yourself as you study in Canada, you now have the right to work up to 20 hours, either on campus or off, during university terms, and full-time on breaks, like the winter or summer holidays, without requiring a work permit. 

You can also choose to work off-campus, co-op, or as an intern through your program, remain a permanent resident of Canada, or get jobs when you finish. The CEC allows you to apply for permanent residence in Canada when you have at least one year of full-time, paid employment. 

You are free to apply for either the LMIA or LMIA-exempt permits, if you are eligible, but applying for Canadian permanent residency may be worth considering, given that you have some Canadian work experience already. 

You may be applying for a work permit in a job that requires a labour market impact assessment (LMIA) or one that does not. 

You can apply for a Canadian study permit online or with a paper application, which you can get on Citizenship and Immigration Canadas (CIC) website. 

 A few questions about you will determine if you are eligible to apply for a Canadian study permit online, as well as the documents that you will need to submit. 

If in doubt, knowing which steps you should take prior to and throughout the application process to obtain a Canadian Immigration or Residents Temporal Visa is essential for being granted entry into Canada. 

However, be aware not all agents are familiar with this exception, and you may need to file an application online after being in Canada. Until further notice, travelers (students and their families) are not required to visit Canadas border services agency offices to apply for work permits, student permits, or permanent residency. 

 If you have applied for PGWP inside Canada, it is highly recommended that you stay inside Canada until the assessment of your PGWP application is complete, before considering any international travel. If you leave Canada once you are done with your studies, you may now apply for a PGWP from abroad.

 While waiting for your PGWP, you are free to work in Canada, provided that you apply before your student permit expires. 

International graduates who applied for A PGWP before their study permit expired were eligible to legally start working in Canada. Do not wait for Convocation to apply for a PGWP, because Convocation can happen over 180 days after you complete your course requirements. 

If you apply 90 days later, you will not immediately become eligible for employment, and must wait to receive the PGWP before starting. 

Once you graduate has been processed through student records and you are awarded credentials, you should immediately stop working until you file a PGWP application. 

If you have circumstances which would necessitate applying for a PGWP before the McGill senate has met to validate the completion of the degree, contact the service point to ask for a special letter to verify you completed the course. 

 You may work up to 20 hours a week (if eligible) once the final requirements for the program are completed, and until confirmation of graduation status is received on your ACSIS account. 

You should request your work permit within 180 days after receiving written confirmation from your institution that you have met requirements to complete your academic program (i.e. Otherwise, you may apply once you leave Canada -- within 180 days after receiving your degree. 

You need to meet these criteria in order to qualify for PGWP, otherwise, you cannot remain in Canada following your graduation, and you need to return home to your country of origin within 90 days after your graduation. 

How to Apply for a PGWP Canada

Applying for a PGWP from inside Canada If you did not apply for your PGWP when you were under a Her Study Permit and decided to remain in Canada as a Visitor, you may apply online for your PGWP from inside Canada, provided that you are still within the 180 days after the date of completion of studies.

 Applying within Canada - You can apply from within Canada if you are a valid status (student or visitor). 

If your student permit expires before you get results, you can apply for visitor status, which allows you to remain in Canada longer. 

Your study permit expires 90 days after you graduate from a program, so you will need to get a work permit upon completion of your studies if you wish to remain in Canada and look for employment. 

To qualify for a post-graduation work permit (PGWP), a foreign national must be 18 years or older, and must have studied in Canada for at least 8 months on a full-time, full-year course. 

International students currently residing in Canada can apply for their Post-Graduation Work Permit (PGWP) by traveling to the U.S./Canada Land Border (flagpole). 

The process to apply for the Post Graduation Work Permit is not too difficult, and may be completed either online using your government of Canada log-in (GCKey or banking details) or in person, submitting the application by mail. 

Employers -- Businesses in Ontario may fill permanent, skilled positions with foreign workers and with international students, who can be located abroad or in Canada on work or study permits. 

You are a worker who meets the requirements for an approved employment authorization letter (or a PGWP authorization) and an active offer of employment, and who is eligible to work as soon as you arrive in Canada and have completed your 14-day quarantine period (unless exempt) or are active workers in Canada. 

Accessing the highly attractive Alternative is one way of increasing your career advancement in Canada, as you will be able to put your acquired training to use in the field you are interested in. It might be a good idea to apply for the permit before coming to Canada anyway -- otherwise, if you decide that you want to pursue a different course, you will need to leave Canada in order to apply for the permit via a visa office.

For those asking about working in abroad just want to connect mydpart, we have placed more than 25 peoples on study and employment since January 2022.

Please Select Embedded Mode To Show The Comment System.*

Previous Post Next Post